Fear fans flames for flame retardant chemical makers
Published 05/29/2012, Chicago Tribune
Dr. David Heimbach knows how to tell a story. Before California lawmakers last year, the noted burn surgeon drew gasps from the crowd as he described a 7-week-old baby girl who was burned in a fire started by a candle while she lay on a pillow that lacked flame retardant chemicals.Word count: 3235
The full article is available to newspaper subscribers. If you are a subscriber please log in to continue reading.