« Continue Browsing

Article Preview

Fire division gets new federal grant

Published 01/29/2010, The Daily Republic

A recently obtained grant from the federal government will offer a better chance to protect firefighters from carbon-monoxide poisoning, according to the new head of the Mitchell Fire Division.
Paul Morris said a $17,813 grant from the Department of Homeland Security will allow for the purchase of five monitors that check levels of carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that can be toxic to humans.

Word count: 313

Log In

The full article is available to newspaper subscribers. If you are a subscriber please log in to continue reading.

E-mail:
Password:
 

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Click here to set one up. You will need your subscription account number and phone number.

Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Reset Your Password

Please enter your full e-mail address. We will e-mail you a temporary password.
E-mail: