« Continue Browsing

Article Preview

Area plant blast caused by spark that reacted with spilled solvent

Published 10/08/2009, The Daily Republic

WINFRED — A Winfred beeswax plant explosion last week was caused by a spark that reacted with spilled solvent, Madison Fire Chief Jerry Johnson said Wednesday.
A Sept. 28 explosion and fire occurred at A.H. Meyer and Sons plant, which houses a beeswax purification process that prepares the wax for use in cosmetics and candles.

Word count: 264

Log In

The full article is available to newspaper subscribers. If you are a subscriber please log in to continue reading.

E-mail:
Password:
 

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Click here to set one up. You will need your subscription account number and phone number.

Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Reset Your Password

Please enter your full e-mail address. We will e-mail you a temporary password.
E-mail: