Fire destroys duplex on Kenwood
Published 02/08/2012, Alexandria Echo Press
A fast moving fire destroyed a duplex at 823 Kenwood Street in Alexandria Monday afternoon. Shortly after 1 p.m., a renter in the house woke up, smelled smoke, opened a hallway door and saw flames and smoke. “He did everything right – he got out quickly and called 911,” said Alexandria Fire Chief Jeff Karrow.Word count: 324
The full article is available to newspaper subscribers. If you are a subscriber please log in to continue reading.