« Continue Browsing

Article Preview

Editorial: We take note of the following…

Published 05/28/2008, River Falls Journal

  • A fire last week at a townhouse rental displaced a mother and her two kids. The cause appears to be a burning bedroom candle. The woman was using a candle because her power had been shut off. Without power, the hard-wired smoke alarms didn’t sound. The woman was hospitalized for smoke inhalation but the kids weren’t hurt. For newer buildings, shutting off power for unpaid utility bills means shutting off hard-wired alarms. That’s a tragedy waiting to happen. It’s probably a rare situation but one that should be addressed.

    Word count: 796

    Log In

    The full article is available to newspaper subscribers. If you are a subscriber please log in to continue reading.

    E-mail:
    Password:
     

    Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Click here to set one up. You will need your subscription account number and phone number.

    Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

    Reset Your Password

    Please enter your full e-mail address. We will e-mail you a temporary password.
    E-mail: