Carbon monoxide is a growing danger
Published 11/16/2010, The Jamestown Sun
Detroit Lakes Fire Chief Jeff Swanson is urging people to take carbon monoxide poisoning seriously. There have been 18 carbon monoxide-related calls in Detroit Lakes the past year, and several serious cases in the past 18 months — including one woman who had to be airlifted to a Twin Cities hospital, Swanson said. “Thirty years ago we didn’t have these problems,” Swanson said. “The new houses are actually worse,” because they are airtight and have more efficient heating systems, he added.Word count: 535
The full article is available to newspaper subscribers. If you are a subscriber please log in to continue reading.