« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports , Published May 07 2014

Small overnight fire strikes Moorhead Chinese restaurant

MOORHEAD - A small kitchen fire set off sprinklers early Wednesday at a Chinese restaurant here, fire officials said.

A fire alarm about 3:30 a.m. sent firefighters to China Buffet at 3246 U.S. 10 E., and they arrived to find water seeping from under a door to the kitchen, Assistant Moorhead Fire Chief Rich Eggert said.

Inside, firefighters encountered smoke and activated sprinklers, which had doused a cooking-related fire, Eggert said. No one was in the building at the time.

A restaurant employee told The Forum the business hopes to be open by this evening but must first pass a health inspection because of the fire.