« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum Staff Report, Published April 22 2014

Fire pit causes deck fire at home near Wahpeton

WAHPETON, N.D. – Fire crews responded to a deck fire at a home west of here Monday morning.

The Dwight Fire Department received a call about 10:30 a.m. that a deck was on fire, according to a news release from Fire Chief Kyle Shockley.

Upon arrival, firefighters discovered that it had spread to the side and inside of the house.

Fire crews determined that the fire was caused by a fire pit from the night before. With increasing winds, embers rekindled and started the deck on fire, which quickly spread to the house.