« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

TheWrap.com, Published April 16 2014

‘X-Men’ director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing underage boy

“X-Men” director Bryan Singer is being accused of “sexual abuse” of a teenage boy in a lawsuit filed Wednesday, according to court documents obtained by TheWrap.

According to the lawsuit filed in federal court in Hawaii, plaintiff Michael Egan, who was named in a press release by his lawyers, was 17 when he was forcibly sodomized by Singer, among other accusations.

The suit alleges Singer provided Egan with drugs and alcohol and flew him to Hawaii for sex on more than one occasion in 1999 and claims that Egan was not the only underage boy who was abused.

The abuse allegedly began in 1998, shortly after Egan was lured to parties at a house where a high school friend lived, the lawsuit claims. The house, known as the M & C Estate, was often the site of “notorious parties” where adult males allegedly preyed on young boys.

Attorney Jeff Herman said he planned to file more lawsuits against Singer and others involved in the alleged parties.

“Hollywood has a problem with the sexual exploitation of children,” Herman said. “This is the first of many cases I will be filing to give these victims a voice and to expose the issue.”

A representative for Singer did not immediately respond to TheWrap's request for comment.

Herman previously represented the five plaintiffs who accused Sesame Street's Elmo puppeteer of sexually abusing them. Three of the suits were dismissed due to the statute of limitations running out, which they're appealing. One plaintiff dropped his complaint. And a fifth plaintiff's suit is currently active.

Clash resigned from Sesame Street in November 2012, after the second accuser filed suit against him.