« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published April 14 2014

Grill fire spreads to south Fargo home

FARGO - No one was hurt early Monday when a grill fire spread from a patio to a south Fargo home, according to the city Fire Department.

At 12:38 a.m., fire crews were sent to 6463 Osgood Parkway S., just north of the Osgood Golf Course. They made sure everyone was out of the single-story house, and they quickly doused the flames that had charred an outside wall, the department said.

The fire only damaged the exterior of the home, and the interior received minor smoke damage. The damage was estimated at $10,000, the department said.

A fire investigator determined that the blaze likely started at the grill and spread to the vinyl siding of the house.

The residents planned to stay with relatives for the rest of the morning, the department said.

Fire officials urged that grills or other heating appliances be kept a safe distance from homes. Before covering a grill, be sure the propane tank is turned off and the grill is cool, officials said.