Melinda Lavine, Forum News Service, Published April 09 2014
Confetti-dipped balloons add shine to event decor
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Gold foil confetti (amount depends on number of balloons)
Paint brush or foam brush
1. Paint a thin, even layer of Mod Podge on bottom of inflated balloon. (Note: Keep line strictly toward the bottom quarter of the balloon. Too much Mod Podge and confetti will weigh balloon down.) For confetti-dipped effect: Paint around balloon in a straight line downward. For rougher end result: Paint jagged or swirled line around and downward.
2. Place bottom of balloon over bowl and sprinkle on confetti. Continue until confetti is evenly placed.
3. Shake balloon off over bowl to remove excess. Let dry.
4. Repeat steps for all balloons. Feel free to “dip” balloons into confetti bowl to pick up remaining pieces.
5. Optional: For extra layer of protection, paint thin layer of Mod Podge over confetti-dipped balloons. (It will dry clear.)
Lavine is Accent editor for the Grand Forks Herald.