« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published March 30 2014

Dog dies in north Fargo garage fire

FARGO – A dog died early Sunday in a blaze that destroyed a detached double garage on the north side, according to the Fargo Fire Department.

Investigators determined the fire was started by a heat lamp used to keep the dog and two cats warm. The cats escaped unharmed, fire officials said.

Fire crews were sent to 1017 First St. N. about 1:40 a.m., and they extinguished the flames engulfing the garage. Aside from the dog that perished, no injuries were reported, fire officials said.

The fire department recommends securing heating devices so they can’t be tipped over and keeping them at least three feet from combustible material. For more information on space heater safety, visit www.fargofire.com.