Heidi Tetzman Roepke, Published February 13 2014
5 non-sappy quotes about loveAh, Valentine’s Day, a holiday perhaps equally anticipated and dreaded. I would guess many of us have experienced both emotions depending on how we’ve felt about love at different times in our lives.
If you’ve always felt rosy about this day celebrating love, count yourself lucky!
Here are five (non-sappy, or at least I think so) thoughts on love I’ve come across and think are worth repeating:
1. “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
– Stephen Chbosky, “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”
2. “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.”
– Rita Rudner
3. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
4. “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
– Robert Fulghum
5. “The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. And the first to forget is the happiest.”