Published January 12 2014
Lend a Hand (Jan. 12)Lend A Hand, Fargo, is a Dakota Medical Foundation program that offers matching funds to support fundraising efforts for people experiencing a medical crisis in Cass and Clay counties. To learn more or to donate online, visit www.dakmed.org/lendahand
Current fundraising efforts include: Janna Johnson, Rocky Manning, Amber Lockwood and Zach Scherling. Upcoming events include:
• Amber Lockwood, Fargo, dinner buffet, raffle and silent auction from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at the El Zagal Shrine, 1429 3rd St. N.; online donations may be made to dakmed.org/lendahand, cash or check donations payable to Amber Lockwood Benefit Fund may be mailed to Fargo Public School Credit Union, 415 4th St. N., Fargo, N.D. 58102.
• Rocky Manning, Moorhead, barbecue dinner, silent auction, raffle, bake sale and bingo from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the VFW, 308 Sheyenne Street, West Fargo; online donations may be made to www.dakmed.org/lendahand or cash or check donations payable to Friends of Rocky M may be directed to Gate City Bank at 500 2nd Ave. N., Fargo, N.D. 58102 or dropped off at any Gate City Bank location.
• Zach Scherling, Fargo, silent auction and bake sale from 4 to p.m., chili dinner from 5 to 8 p.m., Saturday at the Bowler, 2630 S. University Drive, Fargo; online donations may be made to dakmed.org/lendahand or cash or check donations payable to Zach Scherling Benefit may be dropped off at any Gate City Bank location or mailed to Gate City Bank, 3100 13th Ave. S., Fargo, N.D. 58103.
• Bowlin’ for the Colon, Fargo, bowling fundraiser, silent auction and bake sale to benefit Lend A Hand from 1 to 4 p.m. Feb. 8 at Sunset Lanes, Highway 75 N., Moorhead. Register at www.teamchip.org or make a donation at dakmed.org/lendahand.
• Giving Hearts Day, On Feb. 18, online donations of $10 or more to Lend A Hand’s Giving Fund will be matched by Dakota Medical Foundation.