The Sports Xchange, Published December 21 2013
Vikings place Carlson on injured reserveMINNEAPOLIS – The Minnesota Vikings placed tight end John Carlson on injured reserve Saturday with a concussion.
Not only is Carlson out for the season, but it could end his career. He told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune this week that he will discuss the issue with his family during the offseason.
He has sustained at least three concussions since 2011.
“That’s something that my wife and I will consider,” he said. “After every season it’s an evaluation period because of the nature of our business. Players move around, players get cut, coaches get fired, things happen. So in that sense, every year is an evaluation period and this year will be no different. And the concussion part of it will be in that conversation.”
Carlson sustained the head injury two weeks ago. He made eight starts this season with Kyle Rudolph out with a foot injury. Carlson finishes the season with 32 catches for 344 yards with one touchdown.
Carlson signed a five-year, $25 million contract with the Vikings last year