« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published December 15 2013

Smoke from mattress fire damages apartment

FARGO – A child playing with a lighter started a fire in a Fargo apartment building Saturday night.

According to a news release, at 11:11 p.m. the Fargo Fire Department responded to a report of a mattress on fire at 1444 32 St. S.

Responders contained the fire to the room where it started and learned that the blaze began accidentally when a juvenile was playing with a lighter on a bed.

No one was injured in the fire. Smoke crept into the hallways, but no residents were displaced. The damage was estimated at $900.

The Fargo Fire Department encourages everyone to keep matches and lighters out of reach of children.