Meredith Holt, Published December 12 2013
5 places to buy fashionable plus-size clothes
Luckily, more mainstream retailers are adding plus-size lines, so curvy women don’t have to resign themselves to oversized sweatshirts and elastic-waist pants.
Big girls want to be fashionable, too.
1. Forever 21, West Acres mall, 3902 13th Ave. S., Fargo, (701) 281-4585, recently added a plus-size section. Festive Fringe Cardigan, size XL/1X or 2X/3X, $37.80, www.forever21.com.
2. Modcloth is known for its cute retro dresses, which is no different for its plus sizes. Conversation Over Cocktails Dress in Navy, sizes 1X to 4X, $79.99, www.modcloth.com.
3. Old Navy, 4440 13th Ave. S., Fargo, (701) 282-4341, carries women’s sizes up to 20; Women’s Plus (sizes 16 to 30) available online. Women’s Plus The Rockstar Skinny Cords in Tealing on You, sizes 16 to 30, $39, www.oldnavy.com.
4. Nearly half of Maurices, 1500 13th Ave. E., West Fargo, (701) 282-6747, or 701 34th St. N., Dilworth, (218) 236-4822, is devoted to plus sizes. Faux Fur Hooded Jacket With Toggles, sizes 0 (14) to 4 (28), $109, www.maurices.com.
5. The nearest H&M may be in the Twin Cities, but the retailer offers plus-size versions of their stylish basics online. H&M+ Jacket in Natural White, sizes 14 to 24, $49.95, www.hm.com.
Readers can reach Forum reporter Meredith Holt at (701) 241-5590