« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum News Service, Published October 30 2013

Man dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

NEWPORT, Minn. – Authorities believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning is what killed a man who was working on a gas engine in his garage in the Twin Cities suburb of Newport.

Emergency crews were called Friday afternoon to the garage where Robin J. Hiley, 60, was found not breathing. A gas-powered stump grinder was running in the garage when emergency crews arrived at about 4:30 p.m., according to the police report.

Police officers, and later paramedics, attempted CPR on Hiley, but they could not revive him and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Ramsey County medical examiner’s office is handling the autopsy.