« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published October 25 2013

Fire that damaged historic Fargo home blamed on electrical wiring igniting combustible materials

FARGO – The cause of a fire that damaged a historic home here on Thursday has been determined.

The fire at 1421 42nd Ave. S., appears to have started in the third floor area due to electrical wiring igniting nearby combustible construction materials, the Fargo Fire Department stated in a news release.

Homeowners Mary and Don Kinzler, their two sons and pets escaped the fire without injury after Mary smelled smoke around 5 a.m. Thursday.

The fire was contained to the third-floor attic area, and the rest of the house has light damage.

The 1895 Victorian house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Don Kinzler is The Forum’s weekly gardening columnist.