« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published October 13 2013

Employee suffers minor burns in Edgewood Vista kitchen fire

FARGO — An employee suffered minor burns after an oil fire started in the Edgewood Vista Senior Center kitchen Sunday morning.

Shortly after 11 a.m. Fargo fire crews responded to a report of the fire at the senior center on 30th Avenue South, according to a release from the Fargo Fire Department.

The fire activated two sprinkler heads in the kitchen which extinguished the fire. An employee suffered minor burns and took himself to the hospital.

The Fargo Fire Department responded with 15 personnel, but employees were already cleaning up when fire crews arrived. Fargo police and the FM ambulance also responded.

The fire caused minor smoke damage and moderate water damage in the kitchen area.