Associated Press , Published October 09 2013
Minn. man electrocuted after climbing utility poleMINNEAPOLIS — A 24-year-old Plymouth man who climbed an electric utility pole near the University of Minnesota is hospitalized in critical condition after he came into contact with live wires.
A Minneapolis Star Tribune report (http://bit.ly/19k5g6w ) says a witness saw Steven C. McKinney on the ground in flames. His arms were burned and blood was running from his mouth.
Minneapolis police say they were told McKinney is an experienced climber. He scaled the pole Wednesday about 1:30 a.m. and came into contact with the wires. He was knocked to the ground and a transmitter exploded, knocking out power to the area.
Kaylin Graff lives near the intersection where McKinney was hurt. She says she heard his friend yelling to get water, and she saw McKinney engulfed in a ball of fire.
Information from: Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.