« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published October 07 2013

Hitterdal 1-year-old leaves intensive care unit

FARGO – A 1-year-old Hitterdal, Minn., boy who ate a laundry detergent pod left the pediatric intensive care unit at Sanford Hospital here on Monday.

According to Alex Rohde’s Caring Bridge website, the boy was doing “much better” on Monday.

“He is currently being moved out of PICU and into a peds room,” his family wrote around noon on Monday.

Rohde still had a slight fever on Monday, but his family wrote on Caring Bridge that doctors said the boy could go home in a few days if he continues to show improvement.

Rhode was flown to the Fargo hospital after swallowing a Tide pod on Sept. 28.

Information about Rohde can be found online at www.caringbridge/org/visit/alexanderrohde