Forum staff reports, Published September 21 2013
Active Aging Week activities at TouchmarkFARGO – Touchmark at Harwood Groves, 1200 S. Harwood Drive, will celebrate Active Aging Week Monday through Friday.
Events throughout the week will include demonstrations, guest speakers, refreshments and fitness activities focused on wellness. There is no charge, and all are welcome.
The schedule includes:
• 2:30 p.m. Monday, “Music Therapy in Motion,” presented by Anna Mitchell and Emily Wangen, certified music therapists.
• 2 p.m. Tuesday, “How to Stay Young the First 100 Years,” by Melinda Moser, Life Chiropractic Center, who will discuss food and exercise.
• 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday, senior fitness testing, a series of standardized physical fitness tests for people ages 60-plus.
• 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, health fair, noon to 1:30 p.m., complimentary lunch and speakers, register for lunch by calling (701) 476-1200.
• 3 p.m. Friday, good-for-you smoothies, Touchmark executive chef Joe Volske will demonstrate how to make healthy beverages and will offer samples.