Forum staff report, Published September 15 2013
Four inducted into West Fargo High School Hall of Fame for 2013WEST FARGO – Three West Fargo High School graduates, and a community member who made great contributions to the school over a span of 30 years, will be inducted Thursday into the West Fargo High School Hall of Fame.
The 2013 hall inductees include:
- Clint Schmidt (Class of 1991).
- Sharon Christiansen (Class of 1958).
- Cmdr. Ryan Torgrimson (Class of 1991).
- Larry Lubben, a city resident and Packer parent who began filming the school’s sporting events in 1983. He will be the Hall’s first-ever Community Award inductee.
The Hall of Fame dinner will be at 6 p.m. Thursday at The Hotel Donaldson in downtown Fargo.
The inductees will also be honored at half-time at the West Fargo High School football game on Saturday.
Among the inductees’ achievements:
- Schmidt has a doctorate in immunology from the University of Minnesota. From 2003 to 2008, he was part of a scientific team at a firm in Seattle that developed a therapy for prostate cancer.
Since 2009, he has been director of operations for NovaDigm Therapeutics in Grand Forks. He is also an adjunct assistant professor at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Christiansen worked 31 years as an administrative assistant in the principal’s office.
She graduated from West Fargo High with honors and was editor of the Packer newspaper, a class officer and a cheerleader.
- Torgrimson is a lawyer for the U.S. Navy.
The Naval Academy graduate was a top graduate of Naval Flight Officer School and flew 1,450 hours in a P-3C Orion.
He earned a law degree from the University of Virginia, then later graduated from the Georgetown Law Center.
- Lubben worked for Blue Cross Blue Shield in Fargo, retiring as an assistant vice president.
He and his wife have lived in West Fargo since 1979, with four of their children graduating as Packers.
In addition to filming 1,583 Packer games in 30 years, he has spent countless hours preparing Packer video highlights for sports banquets.
Tickets for the Hall of Fame dinner can be obtained by calling (701) 478-2930. Tickets are $30 for a three-course meal.