Published September 07 2013
Namedroppers (Sept. 8)MAKING THE GRADE: Lauren Barker, Gardner, N.D., was named to the spring semester dean’s list at North Dakota State University.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS: Lucas Keller, son of Rick and Sandra Keller, West Fargo, and Travis Bruse, son of Kevin and Connie Bruse, Horace, N.D., have been awarded $2,000 Matt and JoAnn Butler Scholarships for Scouting. Scholarships were awarded based on Scouting participation, community service, extracurricular activities and academics. Both were Eagle Scouts from Troop 274 in Horace.
The Fargo Public Schools Development Foundation has awarded over $32,000 to the following area students:
• Adam Garret Sward Scholarship, $1,000, Thomas Walton.
• American Crystal Sugar Scholarship, $1,000, Maneesh Apte, Emily Roche, Karen Moe.
• Davies PTSA Scholarship, $500, Grace Haggard, Cole Mehring.
• Davies Scholarship, $1,000, Ethan Norstog.
• DECA Scholarship, $500, Maneesh Apte, Erin Stangeland, Laura Schott.
• Donovon Nelson Memorial Scholarship, $510, Jacob Lynch
• Gage Burdick Memorial Scholarship, $1,000, Jacob Lynch.
• Jared Nilles Memorial Scholarship, $500, Cameron Sorrells.
• Jeff Lueck Scholarship, $1,000, Breanna VanderBush.
• Jeff Lueck Scholarship, $500, Layton Iverson, Grayce Darrah.
• Karen and Gary Mailloux “Running for Success” Scholarship, $500, Keith Lehman, Andrew Weist.
• Lenore and Norman Tenneson Memorial Scholarship, $1,250, Emily O’Meara, Kristina Heggedal.
• Linda Lockwood Memorial Scholarship, $500, Emily O’Meara.
• Matthew Mohr Family Scholarship, $500, Isaiah Enockson, Keith Lehman.
• Max and Anne Goldberg Scholarship, $1,250, Gabrielle Traen-Pines, Keith Lehman.
• Max and Anne Goldberg Scholarship, $625, Amanda Jablonsky, Karen Moe
• Neil Fredenburg Memorial Scholarship, $1,000, Emily O’Meara.
• Patricia Vogel Memorial Scholarship, $300, Karina Swift.
• Rick Pierce/Northland Truss Systems Scholarship, $1,000, Trevor Raymond.
• Robert Hanson Accounting Scholarship, $1,000, Thor Larson.
• Sam Neis Memorial Scholarship, $1,000, Karen Moe.
• South Faculty Merit Scholarship, $750, Emily O’Meara, Jacob Lynch.
• Steven Berrell Memorial Music Scholarship, $2,000, Jacob Lynch
• Tyler Eicholtz Memorial Scholarship, $1,000, Andrew Ficek, Matthew Connelly.
• Walt Hatlestad Memorial Scholarship, $1,050, Karina Swift.
• Woodrow Wilson Scholarship, $500, Shelby Biffert.
Evan Camrud, son of David and Marcie Camrud, Fargo, has been awarded a $2,000 scholarship from the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association. Camrud played football at Fargo Davies High School and is currently enrolled at Concordia College.
The Bryan J. and Patricia A. Smith Family Foundation has awarded $1,000 to the following area students:
• Fargo Shanley High School: Haley Brenner, Angela Cowles, Sydney Dauenhauer, Connor Dunn, Chase Johnson, Marissa Magnuson, Carolyn Mickelson and Michael Storandt.
• West Fargo High School: Travis Bruse, Sarah Schaeffer, Kayla Werner and Miranda Wilcox.
• Davis High School: David Eide and Catherine Pettinger.
• Fargo North High School: Courtney Johnson,
• Oak Grove Lutheran High School: Annaliese Kallod and Anna Vandevoort,
• Park Christian High School: Kelsey Kowalski, Madison Ottenbacher, Arianna Vidger and Amanda Walton.
• Moorhead High School: Annise Montplaisir and Chase Morlock,
Applicants demonstrated involvement positively impacting the greater Fargo-Moorhead community and success in academic pursuits.
HIGH HONORS: Kelli Hanninen, a teacher at Rossman Elementary in Detroit Lakes, Minn., has been named a regional honoree in the WEM Foundation’s 2013 Outstanding Educator Awards program. Hanninen is being honored in the Ethics in Education category, which recognizes exemplary educators who embody ethical behavior and promote ethical development for students through classroom or school activities, policies or curriculum.
AND THE WINNER IS: Winners in the North Dakota Make it with Wool Contest held Aug. 10 were:
• Junior: Kristin Harrington, Grandin, N.D., champion; Eric Fettig, Bismarck, first runner-up; and Rachel Klose, Hoople, N.D., second runner-up.
• Senior: Kate Harrington, Grandin, N.D., champion; and Liz Fettig, Bismarck, first runner-up.
• Adult: Elvie Jones, Heaton, N.D., champion; and Shelly Schwab, Englevale, first runner-up.
• Made for Others: Linda Haberman, Barney, champion and first runner-up.
The purpose of the contest is to promote the beauty and versatility of wool fabrics and yarns. Contestants selected, constructed and modeled the garments they entered.
PAGENT NEWS: The following young women were winners at a Supermodel USA Pageant recently held in Fargo:
• Child Supermodel USA: Alayna Foster-Devold, Fargo.
• Youth Supermodel USA: Elizabeth Bertel, Fargo.
• Pre-Teen Supermodel USA: Jazmine Wutzke, Bismarck.
• Teen Supermodel USA: Emily Simmons, Bismarck.
• Ms. Supermodel USA: Paige Fredrickson, Fargo.
• Mrs. Supermodel USA: Erica Lancaster, Bismarck.
“Namedroppers” is an occasional Sunday column featuring neighborhood and community news. Contact Angie Wieck at (701) 241-5501 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to submit your news and accomplishments.