« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum News Service, Published August 29 2013

21-year-old badly burned in garage fire near Audubon

AUDUBON, Minn. – A 21-year-old man was taken to a Twin Cities burn center after a garage fire at his family’s home near here.

Aaron Kalberer was badly burned in the fire along Pearl Lake Drive about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, WDAY-TV reported. The fire destroyed his family’s garage and several vehicles, and damaged nearby buildings.

Crews put the fire out quickly, but had to stay on the scene most of the day making sure a nearby propane tank didn’t explode.

Kalberer is listed in serious condition at the Hennepin County Medical Center Burn Center in Minneapolis, WDAY reported.