« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum Staff Report, Published August 26 2013

Power strips blamed for Wahpeton apartment fire

WAHPETON, N.D. – A fire that caused heavy smoke damage to an apartment in Wahpeton on Saturday night is believed to have been caused by power strips that were strung together and overheated, according to Wahpeton Fire Chief Derek Miller.

Firefighters from the Wahpeton and Dwight fire departments battled the fire at 421 10½ St. N.

The fire was reported about 8:17 p.m.

Miller said the apartment suffered extensive smoke damage and some fire damage.