« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum Staff Report, Published August 25 2013

Crews fight residential fire in Wahpeton

WAHPETON, N.D. – Firefighters from the Wahpeton and Dwight fire departments battled a residential fire Saturday night.

The fire was reported at 8:17 p.m. at 421 10½ St. N., in Wahpeton.

Wahpeton Fire Chief Derek Miller said the fire started in an apartment when the resident was away and was discovered when the resident returned.

Miller said the apartment suffered extensive smoke damage and some fire damage.

He said it is believed the fire began when a number of power strips that were strung together overheated.