Forum staff reports , Published August 21 2013
Weekend watch: StreetsAlive! to feature flash mob
Like it or not, summer is coming to an end and soon we’ll have to put away all of the tools and toys of the season. For most of us, this means putting the bike back in storage in a month or two. But not now StreetsAlive! rolls one last time Sunday. Three miles of Fargo-Moorhead streets will be blocked off to auto traffic to encourage walking, running, biking, Rollerblading and just moving around. Vendors and exhibition booths will be set up along the way offering refreshments and tips for healthier living. The event runs from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Blessing of the Bikes. Have your wheels or heels blessed at 12:30
p.m. at Great Northern Park on Broadway.
• Flash mob to “Recess Rocks”! Join PBS Kids star, Mr. Steve, at 2 p.m. at US Bank Plaza
• Demo the B Cycle bike share system at US Bank Plaza
• Street soccer
• Pole vaulting in the streets.
• Get your groove on with DJ Klmnop and hula hooper extraordinaire.
• Catch a live fencing demo from FM Fencing Club.