« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Dave Olson, Published August 14 2013

VIDEO: Fire destroys West Fargo mobile home; residents get out safely

WEST FARGO – The residents of a West Fargo mobile home escaped harm this afternoon when a cooking pan caught fire, causing a blaze that destroyed the structure, according to a woman who lived in the home.

The fire was reported about 1:20 p.m. at 1009 2nd Avenue E.

When firefighters arrived, they initially had trouble getting water from the mobile home park’s water system. They used a tanker truck to knock down the blaze, said Assistant Fire Chief Dell Sprecher.

Hillary Moran, who lived in the home, said she was making chicken nuggets in a pan of oil when the oil caught fire and flames quickly jumped to other parts of the structure.

She said she, her mother and four children ages 9 months to 5 years old got out of the home safely.

Moran said her family planned to stay with relatives until they can find another place to live.


Readers can reach Forum reporter Dave Olson at (701) 241-5555