Forum News Service, Published August 14 2013
Explosion at Minnewaukan apartment building injures 1MINNEWAUKAN, N.D. — An explosion at an apartment building here sent a man to the hospital Tuesday.
Authorities haven’t released the name or condition of the injured man, but they said he lived at the apartment.
It happened around 3 a.m.
Benson County Sheriff Steve Rohrer said the explosion was caused by a propane line that was not properly sealed. “Started the furnace, the furnace ran for a little while. He went and turned the thermostat up and went and looked at the flame again and that’s when it blew up.”
Authorities said the powerful blast easily caused several thousand dollars in damages, but that other units of the building are still safe to occupy.