« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published August 05 2013

Fire in laundry room damages Fargo house

FARGO – A laundry room fire caused $20,000 in damage to a Fargo house Sunday.

Fargo firefighters responded to a report of a clothes dryer on fire at 1103 S. University Drive at about 4:30 p.m.

The crews quickly put out the flames, according to a press release, but the blaze caused significant damage in the laundry room, and smoke caused moderate damage throughout the house.

The cause of the fire hasn’t been officially determined, but the Fargo Fire Department believes it started in or around the clothes dryer. The owner discovered the fire shortly after putting a load of laundry in the dryer, according to the press release.

The Fargo Fire Department reminds everyone to stay in the house when appliances are on.