NDSU Extension Service, Published July 30 2013
4-H'ers win round-robin showmanship awards at ND State Fair4-H members won awards in the 4-H round-robin showmanship event July
27 at the North Dakota State Fair in Minot.
Youth earned the opportunity to participate in the round robin contest by
placing in the individual species showmanship events in beef, dairy, goat, sheep and swine. The contest had three age divisions: senior, 15 to 18 years old; intermediate, 12 to 14; and junior, 8 to 11.
Each division included two representatives from each species. In the round robin competition, each participant rotated to show each of the five species to the judge. This event wrapped up 4-H involvement at the State Fair.
Round robin winners are listed by county with name, hometown and placing.
- Haley Sabe, Bowman, reserve champion, Senior Overall Showman
- Lacey Schmitz, Oakes, champion, Intermediate Overall Showman
- Lynsey Schmitz, Oakes, champion, Junior Overall Showman
- Allison, Amanda and Ethan Galbreath, Steele, Sheep Herdsman Award
- Ashley Giedd, Washburn, champion, Senior Overall Showman
- Trey Klain, Ruso, Beef Herdsman Award
- Rachel Oliver, Savage, Mont., Dairy Herdsman Award
- Kaitlin Geyer, Lisbon, reserve champion, Intermediate Overall Showman
- Kendra Meyers, Kathryn, Goat Herdsman Award
- Madeline, Grace and Lilly Solemsaas, Sherwood, Swine Herdsman Award
- Brett Wendel, LaMoure, reserve champion, Junior Overall Showman
- Savannah Peters, Glenburn, Rabbit Herdsman Award