Associated Press, Published July 08 2013
Man dies after being shocked on Minn. lakeELK RIVER, Minn. — A 46-year-old man has died after suffering an electrical shock while trying to charge a boat battery on Eagle Lake.
Sherburne County Sheriff Joel Brott says Daniel Peterson, of Big Lake, was standing in about 20 inches of water when he lost his footing and fell into the water while he was holding the battery charger, which was plugged into a socket.
His 49-year-old sister Kris Biser ran into the water to help but she was also shocked.
Neighbors found the two floating in the lake. They pulled the electrical cord from the socket and pulled the two out. They rendered first aid and called 911.
Biser was taken to St. Cloud Hospital and she's expected to recover.
According to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office, Peterson died Saturday.