Forum staff reports, Published June 28 2013
Cramer forms veterans advisory boardBISMARCK – Rep. Kevin Cramer has announced his formation of a veterans advisory board, a group of North Dakota veterans organization leaders who will provide guidance on issues facing former and retired service members.
The board’s first meeting, Aug. 5 in Bismarck, will address issues including VA disability claims, proposed medical treatment fee increases, suicide prevention, sexual assault and programs for newly retired service members.
Members of the board are:
• Brenda Bergsrud, women and minority veterans coordinator and benefits specialist with the North Dakota Department of Veteran Affairs
• John Hanson, Air Force veteran, former member of the North Dakota Army National Guard, and state commander for the North Dakota Veterans of Foreign Wars
• Rusty Ouart, former member of the North Dakota National Guard and recipient of a Purple Heart for wounds suffered in Iraq
• Warren Tobin, department adjutant of the Disabled American Veterans and 20-year veteran of the Air Force.
• Lonnie Wangen, a 27-year member of the North Dakota National Guard and veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom