Forum staff reports , Published June 21 2013
Professional development - 06/22/13Mullaney awarded buyer’s rep designation
Kelly Mullaney of Park Co. Realtors, Fargo, has been awarded the accredited buyer’s representation designation by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council.
Mullaney completed a course in buyer representation and an elective course focusing on a buyer representation specialty, in addition to submitting documentation verifying professional experience.
She has been a licensed Realtor with Park Co. since 2009.
Teachers interning at local companies
Six area teachers are interning for four weeks this summer at area companies, where they will make connections between education and industry.
The program is sponsored by the Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corp.
The experience gives the teachers an opportunity to develop their understanding of the engineering design process through practical work experience.
Teachers selected for the program and their internship location are:
- Cheryl Bombenger, third grade, Holy Spirit, Fargo, Ulteig.
- Janae Helvik, business ed, West Fargo High School, Microsoft.
- Nicole Seyfried, math, West Fargo Sheyenne Ninth Grade Center, Moore Engineering.
- Carmen Tubbs, special ed, 1-5, Westside Elementary, West Fargo, John Deere Electronic Solutions.
- Amanda Schouweiler, special ed strategist, 6-8, West Fargo STEM Center/Cheney Middle School, Sanford Health.
- Patricia Arnold, science, West Fargo High School, Bobcat Co.
Therapists attend sensory workshop
Alishia Daily, physical therapist, and Desiree Wildeman, Erica Bluhm and Megan Hauck, occupational therapists, all from Pediatric Therapy Partners, Fargo, attended “NDT Treatment of the Baby and Young Child” sponsored by Education Resources Inc.
The workshop explained how to assess and treat babies from birth to age 3. The therapists learned how to identify sensory-motor issues, especially in infants.