« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published June 18 2013

South Fargo deck fire blamed on smoking materials

FARGO – A fire caused by smoking materials damaged a deck at an apartment building in south Fargo Monday afternoon.

The incident happened about 3 p.m. at 2550 14th St. S., according to the Fargo Fire Department, which said the fire was extinguished by a quick-acting resident living near the apartment where the fire occurred.

Fire officials said the incident underscores the importance of disposing of cigarettes properly.

The Fire Department asks smokers to be diligent about putting out cigarettes and warned that plastic containers, containers without lids and certain flower pots are not good ashtrays.