Associated Press, Published June 06 2013
UK's Prince Philip enters hospital for operation
The palace said the operation on 91-year-old Prince Philip will come after “abdominal investigations,” but did not elaborate.
In a brief statement, it said Philip was admitted Thursday and will be in the hospital for up to two weeks.
After pulling out of an event earlier this week because of illness, Philip later attended a service to mark the 60th anniversary of the queen's coronation.
Copyright © 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.