Forum staff reports, Published May 16 2013
Moorhead construction project to begin MondayMOORHEAD – The Minnesota Department of Transportation will begin a number of improvement projects to highways 10 and 75 in the Moorhead area on Monday.
Improvements will include:
- Resurface Main Avenue between Veterans Memorial Bridge and Eighth Street.
- Replace several traffic signals along Center Avenue and Main Avenue.
- Install a pedestrian accessibility at several intersections along Highways 10 and 75.
- Install underground fiber optic cable along various roads.
- Install electronic changeable message signs on Interstate 94 near the Red River in Fargo and Highway 10 near Dilworth.
Highway 10 and Highway 75 will remain open with intermittent lane closures throughout the project. Work may require short-term closures of Fourth Street and Fifth Street at the railroad tracks north of Main Avenue.
Work is expected to be complete by the end of September, weather permitting.
For more information about the projects, visit www.mndot.gov/d4/projects/downtownmoorhead.