Associated Press, Published May 09 2013
Minn. mom won't sue over boy left behind on field tripMARSHALL, Minn. — The mother of a 4-year-old Minnesota boy left behind after a class field trip last month says her family won't sue the school district.
Jacqueline Whylly says she met with Marshall Schools Superintendent Klint Willert to talk about the incident and express her concerns.
Whylly tells the Independent of Marshall (http://bit.ly/13kDZ0J ) her family is not taking any legal action and is "just trying to move forward."
Whylly's son, AJ, was left at the Children's Museum of South Dakota in Brookings, S.D., April 23. Willert says the district found out the child was left behind about the time the bus was about 10 to 15 minutes outside of Marshall.
Whylly says her son is doing fine.
The district's student trip policies and procedures were reviewed and revised after the incident.
Information from: Independent, http://www.marshallindependent.com
Copyright © 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.