Forum staff reports, Published May 06 2013
Residents reminded of Cleanup Week rulesFARGO – The annual spring Cleanup Week will continue throughout the metro area through Friday.
Fargo residents are reminded to follow these general guidelines:
• Electronics will not be collected. They can be disposed of free of charge at the household hazardous waste facility or at the annual electronics recycling event from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on June 1 at Fargo Solid Waste, 2301 8th Ave. N.
• Set garbage out before 7 a.m. on your pickup day on the boulevard only. Any container that is not a garbage can will be thrown away.
• Limit two appliances per household.
• Logs and brush up to 10 inches in diameter, tires and rims and small propane tanks with valves removed will be collected.
• Wood, building materials and concrete will not be collected,
• Waste oil, paints, varnishes and other household hazardous waste will not be picked up. These items can be taken to the facility at 606 43½ St. N. from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays; and from 8 a.m. to noon the second Saturday of each month.
• The landfill is open year-round to accept large items for a fee. Hours are 7:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7:15 .m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
• Fargo has 14 drop-off sites for yard waste. Visit www.fargorecycles.com for list of locations.