Forum staff reports, Published April 23 2013
Walaker, Voxland kick off Earth WeekFARGO – The mayors of Fargo and Moorhead kicked off a week of metrowide sustainable events Monday on the 43rd anniversary of Earth Day.
The two mayors encouraged residents to participate in the Earth Week events.
• Earth Day exhibits are on display through Thursday at Moorhead Center Mall, 510 Center Ave.
• Through Saturday, riding MATBUS is free if patrons bring one aluminum can to donate. There also will be drawings for free MATBUS
T-shirts. Registration forms are available on buses and at the Ground Transportation Center, 502 NP Ave., Fargo.
• An art exhibition is ongoing through Friday at the Moorhead Library, 118 5th St. S., featuring art made of garbage normally found in landfills.
• Minnesota State University Moorhead is sponsoring a sustainability expo at 11 a.m. Friday, featuring a free meal made of sustainable foods from the region and live local music. For more details, call Joe Herbst at MSUM at (218) 477-2280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Healthcare Equipment Recycling Organization will sponsor its 9th annual HERO Bash from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Friday at the Ramada Plaza Suites, 1635 42nd St. S., Fargo. For more information, go online to www.herofargo.
org or call (701) 212-1921.