« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published April 14 2013

2 people left homeless, 6 pets killed in Fargo blaze

FARGO – A south Fargo fire has left two people homeless after a kitchen blaze in their mobile home on Sunday.

Assistant Fire Chief Leroy Skarloken said a call came in at 3:14 p.m. reporting smoke coming from a trailer at 4468 Domingo Road.

Firefighters arrived shortly after and found no one home.

They extinguished the fire quickly and determined it had been started by a stove burner igniting nearby combustibles.

Four cats and two dogs were killed in the accident.

Skarloken said the damage was repairable but didn’t have an estimate on the cost. He said the two people who lived there wouldn’t be able to stay the night and would stay with a relative in town.

The Fargo Police Department, FM Ambulance and the Red Cross also assisted at the scene.

Firefighters say it’s important to pay close attention when using cooking appliances and always have working smoke detectors in your home.