Published April 14 2013
Bra fit and care tips
- Most women have one breast that’s bigger than the other. Fit to the bigger.
- Fit to the loosest hook so when the bra stretches out, you can tighten it.
- If your band measurement is an odd number, add an inch.
- The band should lie straight across the back, without pulling up or sagging down.
- Don’t wear the same bra two days in a row. Alternate them.
- Hand-wash bras or wash them on the gentle cycle.
- Hook bras together before putting them in the washer.
- Wash bras in a mesh garment bag.
- Don’t put bras in the dryer. Let them hang-dry.
- Store bras flat in a drawer. Don’t invert the cups.
Sources: Heather Swenson, Sheila Robertsdahl and Jeniece Howland