« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published April 08 2013

Cause of Saturday's fatal fire in Fargo was ‘smoking materials’

FARGO – Fargo Fire Marshal Norman Scott said in a statement Monday that he has confirmed “smoking materials” ignited nearby combustibles to cause a fatal fire at a south Fargo apartment building Saturday.

Fire officials had earlier said the fire started in the living room of a second-floor apartment in the 20-unit complex at 925 Page Drive.

Jesse Daniel Madson, 30, died in the fire. His girlfriend, Angela Wentz, 42, remains in critical condition at Hennepin County Medical Center, said hospital spokeswoman Christine Hill on Monday.