« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published March 24 2013

At least 20 displaced after boiler malfunction floods Moorhead apartment building

MOORHEAD – At least 20 people were displaced here early Sunday when a water main break that caused a boiler malfunction flooded an 18-unit apartment building.

The incident happened just after midnight at 1212 34th St. Circle in Moorhead. The local American Red Cross said volunteers responded to the building to help coordinate food, shelter and emotional assistance.

The Red Cross opened a temporary shelter for the displaced residents on the Minnesota State University Moorhead campus. The organization said it was continuing to help provide food and shelter for several displaced families Sunday afternoon.