Forum staff reports, Published March 15 2013
Traffic tips for fans of Kid Rock, SegerFARGO – Because of anticipated heavy traffic before and after Saturday night’s Fargodome concert featuring Kid Rock and Bob Seger, the city of Fargo, Global Spectrum and dome officials are offering the following traffic tips:
• Northbound and southbound Interstate 29 traffic should follow message board instructions for which exit to use. Message boards will alternate between 12th Avenue, 19th Avenue and County 20.
• In-town traffic should use 10th Street North to either 17th or 19th avenues north.
• Additional parking is available on the NDSU campus, Fargo North High School and John E. Carlson Coliseum on 17th Avenue.
• All buses will be directed to off-load on the west side of the dome using Albrecht Avenue. Buses will be staged along Albrecht Avenue after the concert to accept riders and be directed back to 19th Avenue.
• Limousines and other drop-offs should take place on the east side of the dome at the main entrance. Depending on space availability, limousines may be asked to leave the property during the event and return to pick up passengers.
• Drivers should be aware that there will be a high volume of pedestrian traffic near the dome.
• No tailgating is permitted at the dome before the concert.
Dome parking lots will open at 5 p.m., with public doors opening for the concert at 6:30 p.m. The show is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m.
Dome officials anticipate dome lots will reach capacity well before the concert begins. Drivers will be directed to auxiliary parking lots.
Have a comment to share about a story? Letters to the editor should include author’s name, address and phone number. Generally, letters should be no longer than 250 words. All letters are subject to editing. Send a letter to the editor.