Forum staff reports, Published March 15 2013
Traffic tips for fans attending Kid Rock-Bob Seeger concert Saturday at the FargodomeFARGO - Because of anticipated heavy traffic before and after Saturday night's Fargodome concert featuring Kid Rock and Bob Seeger, the city of Fargo, Global Spectrum and dome officials are offering the following traffic tips:
- Northbound and southbound Interstate 29 traffic should follow message board instructions for which exit to use. Message boards will alternate between 12th Avenue, 19th Avenue and County 20.
- In-town traffic should use 10th Street North to either 17th or 19th avenues north.
- Additional parking is available and recommended on the NDSU campus, Fargo North High School and John E. Carlson Coliseum on 17th Avenue.
- ALL buses will be directed to off-load on the west side of the dome using Albrecht Avenue. Buses will be staged along Albrecht Avenue after the concert to accept riders and be directed back to 19th Avenue.
- Limousines and other drop-offs should take place on the east side of the dome at the main entrance. Depending on space availability, limousines may be asked to leave the property during the event and return to pick up passengers.
- Drivers should be aware that there will be a high volume of pedestrian traffic in a area near the dome.
- No tailgating is permitted at the dome prior to the concert.
Dome parking lots will open at 5 p.m., with the public doors opening for the concert at 6:30 p.m. The show is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m.
Dome officials anticipate dome lots will reach capacity well before the concert begins. Drivers will be directed to auxiliary parking lots.