Beth Leake, Oxbow, N.D., Published March 08 2013
Some huge holes in Goldmark storyThe story about Goldmark and the tenant being evicted did not give enough details. The facts were:
• The rent box was broken into.
• The police were called.
• Goldmark started eviction because rent was not paid.
What the story did not tell was:
• Did the tenant take their money-order receipt to the place they purchased it and put a stop payment on it?
• What company cashed the money order?
• If the money order was made out to Goldmark, how could it get cashed?
• Why was there not an uproar about the company that cashed the check?
Rent is not considered paid till it reaches the office. A rent box is put at the property for the convenience of the tenants. The management company of the property has to pay a person (in most cases this is not an employee of the company) to pick up the rent and bring it to the office. This would be like mailing a check and the check getting lost in the mail. The tenant is still responsible to make a rent payment.
I want to know who cashed the check and why is the tenant not going after them for cashing a check made out to Goldmark.