Steve Charlton, Moorhead, Published March 03 2013
Letter: Remember them at next electionIn reflecting on the developments in the North Dakota State Legislature over the past two months, I offer a summary of what I have observed. North Dakota Legislature’s Family Values and Logic Checklist:
• Do what we can to snuff the North Dakota State University research efforts in educating teens about how to avoid pregnancy. Check.
• Make it more difficult for women to access abortion services. Check.
• Soften day care requirements to increase the number of children allowed per provider. Check.
• Restrict funds so that kids from poor families do not receive milk at school. Check.
• Make it easier for employers to fire employees for any reason or bias they may have. Check.
• Hold the reins on penalty increases for the speeders, seat-belt naysayers and DUI violators so as not to violate their rights. Check.
• Remember to avoid discussing these issues in the next campaign. Check.